Creative Challenge Index
Official Title: Creative Challenge Index
- Funding History
The Creative Challenge Index supports implementation of a measurement tool for schools across the state evaluating how successfully educators promote creativity and innovation among their students.
The direction and priorities of the Creative Challenge Index project were outlined in the final report of the Massachusetts Commission to Develop an Index of Creative and Innovative Education in the Public Schools. This commission was created in a 2010 economic development law, and released its final report in September of 2012.
The commission was charged with designing a creative and innovative education index to measure how well schools develop and sustain student creativity. It recommended convening of a statewide advisory body, developing evaluation indicators, identifying and supporting pilot programs, undertaking surveys and interviews, and publicizing findings on a central database. This activity focused on identifying promising models for fostering student creativity and innovation.
Funding for the Creative Challenge Index supports oversight of the implementation of the commission recommendations and establishing online forums where interested education stakeholders can provide feedback on the plan and design of the index. The program, which had received small amounts of funding since FY 2014, was not supported in the FY 2017 budget.
Updated September 2016
Are you an expert in this area? Do you know someone who is? Let us know so that together we can make this the most up-to-date, useful resource on children's programs in Massachusetts.
- Early Ed & Care
- Early Ed Access
- Commonwealth Preschool Partnership Initiative
- Early Education and Care Provider Rate Increase
- Income Eligible Child Care (Child Care Access)
- Income Eligible Wait List
- Supportive and TANF Childcare
- TANF Related Child Care
- Tax Break for Child and Dependent Care Costs
- Tax Break for Daycare Expenses
- Tax Break for Dependent Under 12
- Early Ed Administration
- Quality & Targeted Programs
- Early Ed Access
- Ch. 70 & Other Education Local Aid
- Expanding Learning Time
- K-12 Administration
- Assessment Consortium
- Creative Challenge Index
- Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
- Education Information Technology Costs
- Education Technology Program
- Office of Educational Quality and Accountability
- Office of the Secretary of Education
- Student and School Assessment (MCAS Administration)
- Programs for Specific Student Groups
- School Food Programs
- Support for Struggling Students
- Teacher Supports
- Youth Jobs
- Human Services
- Common Threads